A chance to tell stories that matter.
From products that help bring running water to small villages in Africa, to autonomous technologies that allow miners to work out of harm’s way, to 3D printing that enables more sustainable parts production, few companies have stories to tell like Caterpillar. We count on you to share them—both outside our walls and in ways that engage and motivate our employees around the world.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing quality weldments to standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Follows all applicable policies and procedures
- Required to work overtime schedule as requested to meet production needs based on established overtime procedures
- Fabricates and welds product to production expectations
- Read, interpret and execute to engineering drawings of weldments
- Understand AWS (American Welding Society) weld symbols
- Weld using standard work sequence
- Qualify in GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding), 2G (Horizontal Welding), 3G (Vertical/Uphill Welding), 4G (Overhead Welding)
- Use oxygen/acetylene flame cutting
- Use rigging and cranes for movement of weldments
- Use andon for identification of variance from standard work
- Be available to assist in other areas as needed
- Participates in activities and exercises in support of the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) – 5S, kaizen, etc.
- Weld/Fab Knowledge
- Ability to Train Others
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Positive Attitude
- Visual Acuity
- Must be physically mobile with ability to sit, stand, bend, squat, twist, reach, climb, and walk
- Must be able to work at heights and comply with facility fall-protection requirements
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 35 lbs & wear full face respirator
- Must be able to perform the above physical demands for extended periods of time
- Subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, exposure to occasional temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees
- Minimum 1 year of welding experience in an industrial/manufacturing or heavy equipment environment
- Beginner level of proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints and layout weld stations to produce defect free work
Top Candidates will also have:
- Previous experience working with tooling/modular tooling
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or approved personnel
- This is a Full Time position- benefits, holidays, and 401K eligibility included
- Shift: All shifts
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.