Autonomous Mining Team
Caterpillar, we value our people and are committed to providing challenging and
fulfilling careers. Joining the Caterpillar technology team opens the door to
several career opportunities that are not traditionally available in the mining
Caterpillar are expanding our MineStar®
Command System to several key mining operations, and have multiple opportunities for individuals seeking a new challenge in the
mining industry. The MineStar® Command System is a state-of-the-art system that
allows the mine site to be operated remotely, significantly improving safety
outcomes and production targets.
We are seeking motivated and versatile
individuals to join our team, where you can work hand in hand with our
customer as we drive increased efficiency of our Minestar® system. We are supporting our customers Remote Operations Centre from Perth, in
conjunction with FIFO ex Perth and offer great work life opportunities with a
We offer you a dynamic team environment with great opportunities for
personal development. The role will be well suited to someone who thrives in
challenging environments with a high level of customer focus and enjoys driving
continual improvement in the product. Your role will be to ensure the MineStar®
Command System is working at its optimum performance, using your specialist
knowledge and experience.
You will be required to diagnose and troubleshoot issues in the office and
field as required, working with a multidisciplinary team to rectify problems.
You also have the opportunity to identify improvement opportunities and work
with the Caterpillar engineering team to drive product improvements.
Your job duties may include (but not limited
- Supporting and advising
MineStar® Command Office Supervisors, Builders, Controllers and Pit
Technicians in all aspects of Minestar® system performance, including
- Providing technical support
to MineStar® Command System on-board maintenance Supervisors and
- Supporting hardware and
software installation and configuration through establishing Quality
Assurance and Quality Control processes.
- Measure, benchmark and
report on MineStar® Command System performance, and suggest opportunities
- Operational and Maintenance
- Developing training and
- Manage machine and system integration
- Identify field issues, troubleshoot and then track
- Analyse data relating to Autonomous and base machine
faults, including regular evaluation of the data accuracy and integrity of
- Work with the Product Support and Engineering teams to
provide input and develop a plan for system enhancements and upgrades
- Report on the working status of hardware and software
of the Autonomous system to Engineering
- Understand the proper procedures in case of critical
failures in the system
- Train other staff and mentor junior team members
- Implementing MineStar®
Command and maximize MineStar® Command System performance.
- Through close collaboration
internally and externally, you will become a trusted advisor for the
To be successful in this role, you will
require the following attributes:
- Strong customer
& stakeholder focus and ability to influence
- Ability to quickly
- Knowledge of business
operations including the technical infrastructure and general business
- Strong analytical and
- Ability to multi-task and
thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong change management
- High quality process
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Electrical,
Mechanical, Mechatronic or Mining Engineering or prior experience
developing or testing on-board machine control systems or off-board mine
control systems or similar working background experience
- Relevant experience in
the Construction, Automation, Mining Industry or Machine Technology.
- Knowledge of mining
technology products and product applications, including Fleet Management
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and/or electrical
- Sound knowledge of off-board communications and
experience with radios and networks
- Ability to integrate and maintain a complex electronic
system on a machine utilizing schematic models.
- Analytical skills that can be used to troubleshoot
electronic systems to understand root cause.
- Strong desire to assist in hands-on system
- Motivated self-starter capable of working with others
to complete all tasks accountable to them on time.
- On board experience with Minestar® products will be highly desired.