JOB DUTIES: The key role of this assignment is applying previous experience to develop expertise in a specific business segment/specialty area and as one of the best in the company. Individuals demonstrate creativity, foresight, business judgment and outstanding industry knowledge along with the sensitivity to customer financial impact.
Incumbents are gaining knowledge, recognition and expertise to influence customer experiences in out digital properties. Incumbents are beginning to gain experience in providing direction for future product; distribution and industry needs and continue to improve their skills at sharing this
expertise at higher industry levels with business unit management.
Beginning to develop applications experience, life cycle cost knowledge of dealers’ and customers’ application, industry and marketplace needs. Provides support in areas covering digital NPI, market and distribution needs to stimulate breakthrough solutions that would help in market leadership. Supports senior management in planning major programs and objectives for the Division.
At this level, leadership skills and the ability to sell ideas are beginning to develop, either as an individual performer or as the principal contributor to or leader of a generally small group/task force of technical or marketing people. Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations.
Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences. Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit.
A responsibility of this position is sharing knowledge and experience as a contributor to Caterpillar’s Digital Customer Experience initiatives. This position will likely be a member of a component, product, process or industry “Community of Practice” within the marketing functions.
• Work closely with the Marketing and Product teams to develop, own and manage the overall vision for digital content on Cat digital properties.
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop the digital content requirements, make the case for enhancements to content presentation and customer interaction
• Identify actionable insights to inform product and marketing content strategies to advocate for clients’ digital content demands
• Develop strategic insights for BU partners employing customer and competitive research, bench-marking studies, and general analysis and audit techniques.
• Collaborate with the content authors and BU marketers to ideate, optimize and monitor content, campaigns and promotions through site presentation
• Create content standards, owning content planning and execution for Cat brand sites, maintaining accountability across business partners
• Develop policies and processes, educating and training business partners, including subsidiary brands
• Optimize customer experience on all Cat owned sites through analysis of BU utilization of content and through recommendations for improvement
• Works as a support role within the Digital Customer Experience and/or Web Services team, providing assistance on a variety of tasks and ad hoc projects
• Determines or establishes appropriate group forums (by identified marketing personas) for the business marketing partners to foster collaboration and learn of important upcoming announcements, ensuring M&B presence
• Conducts individual bi-weekly touchpoints with business marketing partner teams, at the working /operational level, ensuring they maintain an open line of communication at all times
• Responds and/or coordinates all incoming education and training requests across business partners
* 4-year college degree required
* 2+years of working with websites analytics platforms
* 2+years of digital, search, or marketing experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Platforms (google analytics preferred)
* Demonstrated rack record of identifying and implementing site improvements
* Knowledge of A/B testing platforms
* Ability to organize and analyze large sets of data
* Analytics and reporting skills
* Solid understanding of UX / Design / Usability principles
* High acumen with data and statistics
* Experience with web analytics tools
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.