Now is a great time to join us! Caterpillar has recently been recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Our team is currently looking for a talented individual to fill the role of Logistics Center Manager at our York, Pennsylvania Distribution Center. This Distribution Center plays an important role within the Parts Distribution Network. The Logistics Center Manager position offers a challenging opportunity to lead a team of over 325 employees across all payrolls. The York DC is a US Entry Point for European Suppliers, in turn supplying the other US Parts DCs with this material. Responsible for over 10% of worldwide volume to Cat Dealers, the facility ships daily to dealers throughout the Northeastern United States as well as Eastern Canada.
As the Logistics Center Manager, this role is responsible for leading the York Distribution Center. This role handles critical activities including attaining maximum production efficiency, inventory, and shipping/receiving functions operating at levels which meet customers’ needs and established financial benchmarks. Responsible for policies and programs, which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability.
This position requires a strategic, high-energy individual with both stamina and mental quickness to be able to work and thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing culture. Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of organization will be imperative. Top candidates will have a robust multi-functional background in plant operations, logistics, supply chain, distribution, warehouse, and workforce scheduling, forecasting, supply chain metrics, lean Process/ Continuous Improvement, 6 Sigma and process development and improvement.
- Promoting/supporting day-to-day operational and safety issues with support of management team
- Managing operations to ensure customer service levels and financial targets (costs, budgets, variable margin and before-tax profit) are achieved
- Responsible for distribution operation processes which include but are not limited to receiving, storage, order filling, packing, shipping, quality control, inspection, inventory counts, supplier scheduling, returns and related functions to provide shipping and receiving accuracy and inventory reconciliation
- Developing and implementing operations changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency
- Preparing budget and objectives and various reports, attending appropriate meetings, building a relationship with the Cat dealers and the community
- Responsible for all employee related activities of the facility
- Working with HR manager, when appropriate, to recruit, select, develop and train staff
- Collaborating with supply chain partners to provide excellent support to customers
- Working closely with management team to determine methods to monitor the facility for security, maintaining the property and providing janitorial service
- Purchasing and maintaining equipment and vehicles and purchasing office and storeroom supplies
- Working with management team to develop/review operational procedures and quality plans to ensure the operation complies with local government requirements
- 10 years of experience in a wide variety of Distribution Management, Inventory Management, and Planning positions
- Minimum of 5 years of plant/operations management experience
- University degree in business related subjects
- 5+ years of experience as a leader managing large and diverse teams
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of company and outside management
- Excellent communications and human relations skills with the ability to influence, interface and gain credibility across different levels in the organization
- APICS Certification or similar Training
- Experience leading and managing direct reports including demonstrated success in coaching, driving results, delivering performance feedback, and motivating a team
- Proven results in identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
- Ability to understand and be able to interpret and analyze financial and operating statements
- Strong understanding of SPM/EWM (Extended Warehouse Management), CPS (Caterpillar Production System) or other production system model and Lean principles
- Experience developing and owning a positive facility culture
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.