Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019
As an Administrative Assistant at Caterpillar, you will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to a cooperative team. You will provide support to the Director of procurement for the Construction Industries division to allow for efficient operations. Located in Peoria, IL this role requires the application of seasoned, advanced administrative skills gained through years of experience and challenge in the more advanced and complex features of the activities of an office or work area.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Relieve principals of administrative duties; technical and analytical responsibilities that require independent judgement, discretion and initiative
* Work from generally outlined instructions with little guidance and organize, investigate and complete individual projects and assignments
* Must determine what can be handled immediately by direct reports, referred to others, held for manager’s return or completed by the administrative assistant independently. Works with highly sensitive and confidential information
* Perform detailed and complex functions associated with continuing departmental activities and objectives
* Coordinate large conferences, special events involving suppliers, community leaders or business associates and employee and company events. Responsible for travel and lodging accommodations, arranging plant tours, product demonstrations, meals, etc.
* Arrange appointments, receive calls, make domestic and global travel reservations and perform special assignments for a global team
* Ability to type, set up meetings, calendar events/activities, send and receive messages, upload/download information using various program
* Strong organizational skills with advanced levels of understanding and skill in Microsoft Office
* An Associates degree or 2 year equivalent
* A minimum 5 years of demonstrated administrative skills gained through experience in a corporate environment
* Sound judgment and initiative in assisting and relieving the manager by performing administrative support functions.
* Confident, self-starter with a high level of dedication and the ability to communicate skillfully at all levels of the organization
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* A minimum of 1 year experience with global travel scheduling in a corporate environment
Top Candidates will also have:
* A bachelors degree or 4 year equivalent
Please enter appropriate External Qualifications here.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.