BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for an IT Analyst III in our Morton, IL facility. As an IT Analyst III, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex projects that may span multiple infrastructure components or applications. You will develop your professional network and leadership skills, assisting in the creation and support of IT Solutions that enable Caterpillar success. Further, you will contribute real value by developing, integrating, and/or supporting in-house and purchased applications or infrastructure solutions in order to solve business problems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a wide range of support working with World Wide SPM customers in the area of Business Intelligence / Data Analytics
- Knowledge and desire to work with Data Analytical tool and methodology
- Recommend and assist in development and implementation of new methods, systems to predict and forecast future trends.
- Application Development for business data warehouse customers using Snowflake, Attunity, Denodo, etc products
- Develop customer reporting solutions via Bobj to support our worldwide customer base
- Working directly on application / technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions
- Participating in integrated testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components
- Working with vendors on the integration of purchased application(s) and/or infrastructure
- Designing and implementing processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in a Computer or Engineering related curriculum
- 1+ years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences
Top candidates will also have:
- Statistical analysis background with Python and R programming
- Business and IT Knowledge of SAP/SPM business modules
- 2+ years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences
- Knowledge of the latest technology in programming languages, computing hardware & software and current development processes and tools
- Knowledge of facility logistics, parts ordering and invoicing systems
- Strong Technical, Analytical and Planning/Organizing Skills
- Demonstrated expertise in Snowflake, Attunity, Denodo and other related data warehousing tools
- IT experience related to programming, integration or infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following business processes; Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Introduction or Product Support
This position will work out of the Morton, IL office.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.