What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Product Owner located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. As a Certified Product Owner at Caterpillar, you will works as a member of a Scrum Team to help maximize the value of the product and the work of the Scrum Development Team. The Product Owner works intimately with the ScrumMaster and the Development Team. The Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is empowered to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is typically the individual closest to the business side of the project.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
* Responsible for acting as Product Owner for larger, more complex projects with high value to the organization
* Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
* Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
* Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
* Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
* Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
* Responsible for conveying the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint
* Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
* Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
* Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
* Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
* Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
* Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
* Act as the voice of the team, communicating status externally
* Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
* Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
* Responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time
* Regional, Domestic and International travel will be required for this position.
* Four year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
* 5+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
* 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
* Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
* Domain expert in industrial applications
* Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
Top candidates will also have:
* 5+ years’ experience as a software product manager
* Experience writing software requirements (User Stories)
* Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
* Demonstrated ability to empower teams
* Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
* Background in Information Technology
* Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
* Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.