This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Xuzhou, 32, China
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
As a Group Manager at Caterpillar, you will
direct an assigned production area in the manufacture and/or assembly of
quality parts to meet established production requirements.
may include, but are not limited to:
* Manages multiple sections and reports to the facility manager.
* Owns the Continuous Improvement process, making sure new ideas are generated, worked and implemented, and any roadblocks are eliminated.
* Performs on-going evaluation of workloads and assists Section Managers in solving problems
* Contributes to the total manufacturing effort by directing and controlling several operations from fabrication, manufacturing, assembly, test, and shipping.
* Ensures production schedules can be met in a Lean Manufacturing environment to satisfy assembly line and parts schedule requirements.
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Section Managers, Team Leads and Team Members.
* Develops detailed near-term and long-term production plans.
* Drives root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, production.
* Take care PM and maintain the equipment as appropriate
* Manages facility and maintenance and keep the facility as appropriate working environment.
* Requires a college degree and/or considerable company experience with solid business management skills, plus CPS processes and tools knowledge.
* Must complete the CPS Group Manager functional curriculum.
* Should have a technical understanding of the manufacturing and material selection process.
* In addition, six to ten years of progressively responsible job-related experience are typically required.
* Needs good management, motivational and problem solving skills along with good human relations and communications skills
* General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures