JOB PURPOSE: To serve as an experienced, individual contributor on marketing related compliance assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar’s marketing function performance and compliance.
JOB DUTIES: The Compliance Professional II represents the journey level position for compliance related functions within the marketing function. The key role is that of an individual contributor. This position will be accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems in a discipline for which the incumbent is beginning to build a reputation as an expert. This position performs complex analysis work, identifies and mitigates problems. Although this position may be the transition from individual contributor to team leadership, the major focus of the job is on best practices and process delivery. Incumbents may work more directly with different units, and/or other
teams and begin incorporating general business skills. This requires the ability to communicate compliance and regulatory related information in a concise and accurate manner. Decisions may significantly impact: marketing compliance, assist in compliance risk assessment and leverage new procedures.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include, research upcoming privacy regulations, coordinate with Business Unit (BU) level marketing, the data privacy office, risk and legal; support and advise BU marketing consultants and managers; and develop and maintain a keen understanding of internal and BU customers’ needs.
Must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of
Privacy, marketing and communications related regulations. Key skills to be developed at this level are data extraction/analysis, problem solving, best practice development, and conformance monitoring.
• Monitors compliance performance and recommends priorities and actions for improvement.
• Reviews new regulations for potential risks and recommends modifications
• Collaborates with marketing consultants and leadership, legal and privacy to identify and mitigate compliance risks.
• Develops standards and best practices and monitors conformance.
• Assures marketing compliance with organization and government compliance standards.
• Assists with marketing related compliance assessments and supports compliance audits.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 4+ years’ job-related experience with data management
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Business acumen
• Marketing and compliance background ideal
• Strong analytical skills are essential.
• A self-starter with strong leadership skills.
• Must have ability to communicate information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.