This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2019
JOB PURPOSE: Production support for Caterpillar’s CAT Digital business unit and its data platform’s information technology globally for customer and dealer facing digital experience applications
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities provide technical support and maintenance of mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, and/or distributed computing systems. You will support, monitor, and troubleshoot cloud infrastructure and services. Participate in root cause analysis of issues and incidents and determine operational priorities on work backlog or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Apply systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of automated information technology systems or infrastructure components.
1. Competent to perform programming, integration and system administration assignments without close supervision.
2. Configuration or customization of purchased software solutions with high complexity.
3. Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
4. Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support of infrastructure component change management.
5. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results
6. Knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems;
7. Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions.
8. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
Top candidates will also have: