This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Grimbergen, Vlaams Brabant, Belgium
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
As Human Resources Representative you will act as an HR business partner for the Grimbergen Operations Leadership team.
You will support with all labour relations related activities for the Grimbergen Distribution Center.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Contributing to the creation and maintenance of a productive work environment in which a high degree of employee engagement is attained. Partnering with supervisors and managers in establishing the Caterpillar Experience.
* Acting as a business partner for talent decisions throughout the entire employee life cycle (inflow, onboarding, development, performance management (incl gainshare planning), retention, absence, end of service / career).
* Providing perspective on people’s consequences when changing and transforming business organization.
* Providing HR guidance to supervisors and managers in Grimbergen Operations on talent challenges they experience.
* Counseling and providing guidance to management to resolve grievances at the lowest possible level. Advising on disciplinary actions.
* Developing and maintaining a company/union relationship through effectively cooperating with local representatives and by providing training in labor relations and coaching in labor relations practices to operating management.
* Ensuring compliance with Company values and procedures, Belgian labor legislation and regulations for all People policies, procedures and practices.
* Supporting and guiding the development and implementation of communication initiatives in Grimbergen Operations.
* Making use of the support and leverage the broader HR team (staffing & recruitment, development, compensation, communication, personnel services, service centers) to support Operations in talent challenges.
* Serving as a liaison between operations team and the broader HR team.
* Contributing and executing the HR Year Calendar of the Division and Grimbergen facility. Aligning approach to ensure deployment of processes/programs in operations, is balanced with deployment in other departments in the facility.
* Participating in Operations Staff Meetings and actively support the team on HR topics. Ensuring consequences on talent are considered in business decisions.
* Preparing and coordinating the Works Council meetings. Serving as a member of the Works Council and Safety Committee. Leading the social elections process.
* Ensuring all monthly, quarterly and yearly information for the works council is prepared in a timely manner in cooperation with other team members.
* Advise and support the LCM and the EAME HR Manager on Industrial Relations.
* Assisting the EAME HR Manager on all HR Business related topics.
* A master’s degree, or equivalent through experience.
* Ability to develop and maintain good
interpersonal relationships working effectively with others inside and outside
* Good communication and negotiating skills, and trustable advisor with high standards on confidentiality.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and balancing
* Ability to make decisions based on facts (ability to analyze data and make people metrics).
* Change agent, ability to challenge status quo.
* Fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is desirable.
* Thorough understanding of social legislation and socio-economic context is an asset.
* Experience with unions and/or operations.