Location: Westminster, CO, United States
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2019
· Receive requirements, design data layer and pick database technology that fits the need and capacity plan and implement it to the production size required, ensuring scalability for future needs.
· Work with development teams to support scaling throughput of stream message processing.
· Improve performance and provide innovative solutions to aggregate data across billions of rows.
· Identifying technology trends early that result in increased team velocity & decreased total costs of ownership.
· Primary contributor to shaping the future direction for a large suite of telematics data applications.
· Five (5+) years of experience with database design and tuning
· Five (5+) years of experience with MySQL and other DB tuning skills
· Five (5+) years of experience reading code so that you can improve data access (C# .Net)
Top Candidates will also have:
· Other databases such as Aurora, SQL Server, Postgres,
· Redis and other nosql experience
· Pentaho and other ETL tools
· Experience working with Amazon Web Services
· Apache Kafka
· Experience building large-scale distributed systems
· Has a positive "can do" attitude. Try to figure out how to do something even before all the requirement data points are available.
· Ability to move from high level design into details.
· Both hands-on and delegation skills. Is able to perform challenging tasks but also understands how to delegate and coach others for growth.
· Good concise communication skills. Able to work with product owners and translate business concepts into features into code
· Strong work ethic. Self-motivated, able to self-direct, positive attitude.
· Working with other teams in a global organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills, creative, innovative and open-minded.
· Problem-solving and time management skills
· Having a flexible approach to working in a changing environment