This main responsibility for this role is providing IT support for Caterpillar Executive Office members and their assistants and admins. Duties include support of Office 365 tools and other software on PCs, Macbooks and mobile devices, computer hardware, peripherals and other office equipment for the Caterpillar Executive Office.
The person will assist with operational readiness of offices, conference rooms and other workspaces. As subject matter expert for user productivity for the Executive Office personnel, they will support the end to end process for new product and service delivery in partnership with other IT personnel. This includes requirements definition, testing and deployment activities.
Additionally, the person will have the role of a senior IT analyst, to support the O&G business partners in daily IT operations for the Caterpillar Oil & Gas department, including all related subsidiaries (Kemper, Blackhorse, M2M).
This person will be the on-site delegate of the E&T IT Manager for Oil & Gas, and has to build and maintain an excellent client relationship. This person will report to the E&T IT Manager for Oil & Gas.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Respond to queries either in person, email or over the phone.
• Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software to include desktop, laptop and printer configurations including software upgrade testing, packaging, imaging and deployments.
• Maintain a professional level of knowledge of information technology issues, solutions and advancements in a dynamic environment.
• Train computer users on new features or functions.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
• Collect and document functional requirements for new projects or system enhancements.
• Support IT implementation projects – coordinate the delivery of work requests with various globally located Caterpillar IT teams and external partners.
• Prepare, execute and/or coordinate the execution of testing.
• Consult with Caterpillar Security personnel to ensure full compliance with security objectives.
• Make significant contributions to knowledge management as it relates to provision of documentation for use by other IT personnel.
• Perform administrative work as needed to include procurement of office supplies.
• Support operational readiness of offices, conference rooms and other workspaces as needed to ensure that meetings are not disrupted due to failures of office equipment (Board Meetings, Staff Meetings, Public Meetings).
• Develop back-up strategies to ensure operational readiness
• Investigate new technologies and document and develop case for use in Caterpillar
• Understand business unit strategies
• Supports the E&T IT Manager on developing and executing the business unit IT strategy through maintaining IT roadmaps, including traditional IT needs as well as Digital solutions.
• Drive continuous improvement in IT service levels and reduce the rate of daily incidents.