The market research consultant is expected to leverage new and existing customer insights tracking survey data, transactional survey data and primary market research to help CAT business units and CAT dealers identify what experiences and key actions will drive long term loyalty and increased share of wallet across all customer touch points. The consultant will drive continuous improvements in survey content, focus efforts on the key drivers of loyalty, and increase enterprise awareness through training and communication efforts.
Responsibilities – Customer Insights Program Consultant:
The consultant will work with enterprise business units and dealer teams responsible for all customer touchpoints to increase the level of understanding of the benefits of market research resulting in improved customer experience. The consultant will work with CIP team members to identify key drivers with a goal of developing communication and action plans that highlight where the business units need to focus to drive long term customer loyalty increases, improved profitable PINS and POPS and greater OPACC.
The consultant will become familiar with all business unit persona and enterprise segmentation research. Responsible for focusing survey design and data analysis to draw key insights through Apriori and needs based segmentation of the data. i.e. by machine type, region, application or degree of brand loyalty. Presents own and team analysis and interpretation to customer experience managers, product groups, industry mangers and DSD sales and marketing reps. and their management for review. This role will also assist DSDs and industry groups in communicating findings to Cat dealers.
• Bachelor’s degree or 7-10 years equivalent experience in market research, marketing analytics, market development, NPI or product development roles
• Minimum of 5 years of Financial, Marketing, or Product experience
• Knowledge of company product line, customer applications and dealer support and service capabilities
• Must have excellent communication and analytical
• Strong customer focus and ability to influence across multiple levels of the enterprise to gain the respect of senior business leaders.
• Ability to fulfill individual role by delivering high quality work in a timely manner while interacting with and supporting the team effectively
• Ability to work effectively in the global environment with many different cultures represented is critical to the success of this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.