The market research analyst is expected to develop and implement new approaches for gathering customer insights beyond traditional phone and email touchpoints. The analyst will provide in-depth statistical quantitative and qualitative analysis for Cat product, marketing and business teams as well as Cat dealers using customer data collected from the new survey methods.
Responsibilities – Customer Insights Program Analyst:
The analyst will work with enterprise teams responsible for all customer touchpoints to develop new approaches to gather customer voice. The analyst will identify trends, customer loyalty drivers and determine what the data means using raw field data collected from digital and customer events. The role reviews, consolidates, and analyzes all competitive, market, and industry related information.
Responsible for performing data analysis and drawing key insights through the analysis process as different data perspectives are taken such as segmenting the data by machine type, region, application or degree of brand loyalty. Presents own analysis and interpretation to customer experience managers, product groups, industry mangers and DSD sales and marketing reps. and their management for review. This role will also assist DSDs and industry groups in communicating findings to Cat dealers.
This role will also assist the CIP program manager with enterprise training exercises for internal Cat and dealer employees, which will require a thorough understanding of the CIP (Qualtrics) and TSP (BIC) data portals, survey content and key insights into how the data can be used and interpreted reliably.
• Bachelor’s degree or 7-10 years equivalent experience in market research, marketing analytics, NPI or product development roles
• 3-5 years of Financial, Marketing or Product experience
• Knowledge of company product line, customer applications and dealer support and service capabilities
• Must have excellent analytical and communication skills including expertise in computer applications
• Ability to understand both technology and business domains
• Strong customer focus and ability to influence across multiple levels of the enterprise to gain the respect of senior business leaders.
• Ability to fulfill individual role by delivering high quality work in a timely manner while interacting with and supporting the team effectively
• Ability to work effectively in the global environment with many different cultures represented is critical to the success of this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.