As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform all maintenance, installation and repair work on equipment and buildings that are necessary to the operation of the plant and office facilities. Requires broad experience , training and/or knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical methods and procedures.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform work on facilities, equipment, systems, and machines relating to the following: heating, electri electrical, air conditioning, ventilating, plumbing, electronic, painting, fluids, carpentry, machining, grounds work, welding, soldering, brazing, cutting, rigging, moving, sheet metal, erecting, concrete, sprinkler systems, engines, building repair, chemical use or storage, etc.
* Work on job duties such as, but not limited to: Maintenance repair, installing, fabricating, adjusting, trouble shooting, tearing down, rebuilding, leveling, fitting, aligning, painting, etc.
* Work from complicated drawings, maintenance and service manuals sketches, blueprints, specifications and verbal or written instructions.
* Perform regular inspections and maintains records on fire prevention equipment, boiler equipment and safety hazards, etc.
* Identify and order necessary maintenance parts.
* Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties; effect repairs and/or adjusts either temporarily or permanently to keep machines in production.
* Insure proper tooling inventory is maintained at all times.
* Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, buildings and grounds.
* May use a variety of machine tools including, but not limited to lathes, milling machines, drill press, grinders, hones, bores, and hand tools.
* Perform assigned start-up and shut-down functions on plant facilities as required.
* Recognize operating irregularities and safety hazards and take corrective action or notify proper person to correct.
* Instruct and train other assigned employees on work methods, safety procedures, and proper use of equipment.
* Work safely at ALL times and comply with safety regulations regarding the use of protective equipment and devices.
* Keep work area, equipment, machines, storage areas, etc. clean and orderly at all times.
* Communicate daily with Technicians from other shifts, Team Lead, and Manager as to the condition of equipment within your responsibility.
* Offer suggestions relative to improving work process, procedures, productivity, job safety, or work environment.
* Perform other miscellaneous job duties and related functions as directed by immediate Team Lead, Manager, or other designated person.
* Must perform as a team member with the willingness and attitude to work with others to resolve problems. Must also maintain a good working relationship with others within the organization
* Journeyman’s card (will be required to obtain Journeyman’s card if do not have one)
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years mechanical maintenance experience
* Industrial electrical experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work with limited direction
* Ability to lift 25 – 50 pounds, 15 to 40 percent of the workday
* Use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas and precision measuring instruments
* Proficient at advanced shop mathematics
* Training and/or knowledge of mechanical methods and procedures
Position is located in Goldsboro, NC
Shift is 1st
Full Time with benefits
Relocation if not available for this position
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.