Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re
looking for talented and motivated .NET Tech Lead to build a world class platform to host a wide range of
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical
work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite
solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our
integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our
customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions
of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
JOB DUTIES: As a .NET Tech Lead you
will contribute to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s
state-of-the-art digital platform.
- Competent to perform all software
development assignments without close supervision;
normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
directly on complex application/technical problem identification and
resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be
used by one or more applications or systems.
application development focused around delivering business valuable
high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good
practices and habits
and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
with end users and internal customers to help direct development,
debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity,
interoperability, and completeness
integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that
requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited
college or university.
- Five (5+)
years of experience with .NET core services and webapi development
- Three (3+)
years of experience with Docker containers and deployment via Kubernetes,
Swarm, ECS, etc
candidates will also have:
experience in some of the following:
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices,
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD,
Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as
AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile methodologies such as Scrum or
understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink,
- Message brokers such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS,
Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge,
AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data
structures and algorithms.
to work under pressure and within time constraints
for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented