This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Develop, integrate and/or support in-house and purchased application solutions to solve business problems. Work with minimal supervision in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or system problems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities vary, but may include various combinations of the following duties.
1. Provides application development, integrations and/or support, including independently performing problem identification and resolution.
2. Follows and executes established development and support processes, including but not limited to, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) or related methodologies.
3. Collaborates with business partners to gather requirements for technical solutions and troubleshoots system related issues.
4. Performs intermediate configuration, implementation and upgrades of existing systems with minimal supervision.
5. Provides support and input to projects, including task planning and execution.
6. Works independently on projects that may span multiple functional areas.
7. Works within objectives and instructions from systems staff for use in designing, testing and documentation.
8. Identifies and works to automate tasks and processes with scripting and automation tools.
9. Meets the quality standards set forth by management.
10. Ensures availability when necessary for off-shift and weekend support functions.
11. Incorporates enterprise security standards into functional area
12. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
13. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Working ability to work independently or as part of a team.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Working ability to independently manage multiple tasks and participate on one or more projects.
4. Working knowledge of and ability to independently apply SDLC, ITSM or related methodologies.
5. Working knowledge of and ability to independently apply one or more programming and/or scripting languages (e.g. Java, .Net, SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell, Bash, etc.), including respective system sizing, performance and disaster recovery plan.
6. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
7. Demonstrated ability to gain a general understanding of core business procedures and operations.
8. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and recommend process changes that improve the overall implementation, maintenance and support of applications.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply basic math and data analysis skills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 to 4 years of enterprise technology experience is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at.
Supporting, developing and maintaining B2B and internal file transfers
IBM MQ, MQ MFT and Datapower tools