Location: Larne, ANT, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019
Graduate Scheme – Design Engineering
Location: Larne, Northern Ireland
Salary: £24,421, £1000 Sign on Bonus, 10% Annual Bonus, Share Scheme, Pension, Flexible working and 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
What is the role?
The Custom Power Solutions group is responsible for the design and manufacture of customer specific diesel and gas generator sets. This role will be working within the engineering team who are responsible for the mechanical packaging design and validation of the equipment.
What is the role?
The key role of this entry level engineering position is to learn and assist, gain an understanding of Caterpillar's business and procedures, to learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic engineering knowledge and to provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group.
The successful candidate will work on varied unique projects and will be responsible for designing both generators and associated electric power products.
We will provide you with the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar. Our graduates are given the support and coaching required to develop their technical capability and business understanding. Within a short period of time our graduates are provided with key engineering responsibilities and quickly become embedded team members that are vital to the success of the Engineering department. The experience this offers means that our graduates are well positioned to become future leaders and technical experts within our business.
We value diversity at Caterpillar and the benefits that it provides to our business, therefore we will provide you the opportunity to collaborate and share your creative ideas from the beginning of your career.
Who are we looking for?
Key competencies required:
· Competent using MS Office suite and ideally experienced in the use of CAD
· Highly self-motivated
· Desire to challenge both yourself and the organisation on delivery of technically superior cost-effective designs and solutions
· Potential to be a technical leader within Caterpillar
· Good communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to work effectively as part of a global team, as well as on own initiative
· Good planning, organising and problem-solving skills
· Willing to travel and engage different cultures
· A minimum of 2:2 honours degree level in aerospace/aeronautical/automotive/mechanical or product design engineering disciplines.
Other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered.
How do I apply?
Please click apply and complete our online application form.
Please only apply for one discipline. You will be given the option of applying for a second discipline during the application process.