Location: Arvin, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2019
Now is a great time to join us! Caterpillar has recently been recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Our team is currently looking for a talented individual to fill the role of a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar Inc. As a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar Inc., you will work from a variety of source documents to verify part numbers, part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you will conduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
This position has the potential to jumpstart your career with Caterpillar leading to regular full-time employment
$15.00 Starting Hourly Rate
Must be able to work any shift
* Three 12-hour days 6am-6pm Mon-Wed or Thurs-Sat
* Three 12-hour days 6pm-6am Sun-Tues or Wed-Fri (will include $0.75 shift differential)
* Mon-Fri 3pm-11pm (will include $0.75 shift differential)
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts and overhead cranes.
* Perform material handling and warehousing functions as required.
* Order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment and supplies.
* Operating automated packaging equipment, shipping and receiving.
* Previous employment experience of any kind
Top candidates will also have:
* Experience with operation of materials handling equipment
* 6 months previous distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience
* Previous SAP warehouse management system experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
* Work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
* Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
* Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* No relocation is offered
* Located in Arvin, California
* Must be able to work any shift
* Various shifts available
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers