Location: Peterborough, CAM, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019
Graduate Scheme – Global Procurement
Salary: £29,396 - £29,896, £1,000 Sign on Bonus, 10% Annual Bonus, Share Scheme, Pension and 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
Who are Caterpillar?
We are the world's leading manufacturer of Construction and Mining Equipment,diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. By joining our graduate scheme, you will be able to explore various roles and disciplines around the business to help develop your career. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
Energy and Transportation (E&T) Procurement provides Caterpillar with a sustainable competitive advantage by helping us to select, manage, develop and collaborate with a worldwide supply base. With over $5 Billion of annual material purchases across 40+ global facilities, placing this spend with the very best external suppliers is vital to the performance of the business. Delivering the lowest total cost for the materials, parts and services that our business needs is a vital element of Caterpillar’s strategy.
What experiences can we offer you?
During this two-year rotational training programme, you will be given the opportunity to experience different aspects of procurement, designed to provide you with an excellent foundation in the function.
Rotations may include:
· Facility supply – supporting supply chain and quality departments to improve supplier performance
· Product supply – supporting New Product Introduction programmes
· Category Purchasing – supplier relationship and performance management of engine component suppliers covering multiple Caterpillar facilities
· Supplier Quality – Improving supplier quality performance with robust APQP/PPAP and supplier intervention
· Indirect purchasing – supporting the facility operations with non-engine component supplies
In each rotation, you will face a wide variety of challenges and have responsibility for either New Product Introduction (NPI) programs or managing supplier accounts, you will work closely with the extended global purchasing teams, engage and visit global suppliers and directly contribute to Caterpillar’s success.
What happens after the graduate scheme?
After successful completion of the rotational programme, you will be promoted into a Category or Product buyer position where you will be directly managing your own portfolio of spend and suppliers. We will provide you with the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar.
Who are we looking for?
· Individuals that can demonstrate a highly participative working style and who can thrive working in a team of committed professionals.
· Individuals with great analytical skills, presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels.
· Graduates or prospective Graduates that are on track to achieve or have achieved a 2:2 in Business, Procurement or Engineering (Other relevant disciplines will also be considered).
· Holders of a full UK driving license.
How do I apply?
Please complete an online application form to apply. Please only apply for one discipline. You will be given the option of applying for a second discipline during the application process.