This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Shrewsbury, SHR, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2019
12 Months Industrial Placement - Quality Engineering
Benefits: £17,500, share scheme, pension, flexible working and 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Who are Caterpillar?
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Operating from 50 countries around the globe, the Caterpillar brand has developed into a symbol of strength, respect, and integrity. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
What do we do?
Shrewsbury is part of Caterpillar’s Industrial Power Systems Division and employ over 250 people. The site is responsible for the design, development, manufacture and remanufacture of heavy-duty diesel engine and powertrain products for a variety of specialist applications, from locomotives to main battle tanks.
What experiences can we offer you?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Business Systems / Quality Engineering department and be part of our global business. From day one you will be embedded in a team solving real world problems. During your 12-month placement you will typically undertake some of the following projects:
· - Continuous improvement projects – Hands on involvement
· - Customer support – Problem investigation & reporting
· - Warranty analysis – Product investigation
· - Built in Quality – Lean Initiatives
· - Business Systems Development – Internal Auditing (Quality/Environmental)
You will be given the support and coaching required to develop your technical capability and business understanding. Within a short period of time you will become an embedded team member, accountable for delivering key engineering responsibilities and vital to the success of the engineering departments that you operate in.
The experience this offers, along with the social interaction between the other placement students and our annual graduate intakes means that our placement students are well positioned for their subsequent years back at university and a career in engineering.
Who are we looking for?
You should be able to demonstrate teamwork, professionalism, enthusiasm for engineering and be comfortable with the gathering and analysis of data. A desire to succeed and develop is vital.
Key Skills and Competencies Required:
- Highly innovative and self-motivated.
- Desire to test both yourself and the organisation on delivery of quality excellence
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team as well as on own initiative
- Strong planning, organising and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel and engage different cultures.
- Ideally possess a basic knowledge and interest in engines.
Applicants should be working towards a degree in Automotive/Electrical/Manufacturing/Mechanical/Mechatronics/ engineering degree and be on track to achieve at minimum of 2:2.
Other relevant engineering degrees will be considered.
How do I apply?
Please click apply and complete our online application form.
Please only apply for one discipline. You will be given the option of applying for a second discipline during the application process.