For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Marketing Internship Program Details:
Caterpillar offers a unique opportunity within our Marketing Organization to allow students to gain a wealth of real-world practical experience and establish core marketing competencies. Marketing professionals across the enterprise help our dealers and customers succeed in their business through the promotion and selling of products and services, including market research and advertising to the industries we serve. Specialties within marketing include but are not limited to:
* Digital: Digital Marketing Interns help define and deliver premium and consistent online experiences that generate leads, sales and customer loyalty by accelerating transformational innovation and aggressively developing and growing Caterpillar’s customer-facing digital business and services, revenue and profit.
* Technical: Technical Marketing Interns help sell and support our products/services and deliver superior service and industry expertise for our dealers and customers.
Interns will be placed into one of the following sessions:
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 (summer) or 16 (Spring/Fall) weeks.
Spring: January 6 - April 24
Summer: May 18 - August 7
Fall: August 17 - December 4
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
* Comprehensive internship orientation
* Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
* Product Demonstrations
* Various social events
* Networking with leadership
* Intern roundtable discussions
* Business skill building
* Career discussion with leaders and experts
* Resume and Interview workshop
* And more!
Primary positions for the Internship include but are not limited to:
- Peoria, IL
- Cary, NC
- Decatur, IL
- Houston, TX
- Maple Grove, MN
- Miami, FL
- Tucson, AZ
Applicants will be considered for additional opportunities throughout the United States.
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Internship Program Qualifications:
* Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Marketing, Engineering or related business/technical field.
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding).
* Expected graduation date of May 2020 and beyond.
* If a transfer student, must have 12 semester hours completed at 4-year university.
* Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area or indicated work location for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
* Previous experience/demonstrated abilities in both Technical (Engineering/Technologist) and non-technical (Business) functions
* Previous industry and/or marketing experience is highly valued
* Previous experience/level of proficiency within the following areas:
- Construction Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Diesel Equipment
- Natural Gas Engines
- On-Highway Trucks
* Strong Initiative, Communication, Leadership and Interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with Caterpillar Products
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.