This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 14, 2019
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
· Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
· Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
· Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
· Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
· Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
· Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
· Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
· Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
· Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
· Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
· Lead development of new functionality and applications on cross-functional Agile project teams
· Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
· Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
· Eight years or more of software development experience or at least five years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
· Eight years or more of experience in designing and developing in SAP using ABAP or at least five years of experience in SAP with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
Top candidates will also have:
· Proven experience in many of the following,
o Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
o Strong knowledge and understanding on SAP Service Process with ERP integration and best practices
o Integration experience with to SAP ECC, CRM
o Demonstrates the ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements and delivering middleware solutions for Interfaces between various SAP and non-SAP applications.
o Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
o Message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
o Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
o Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
o Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
o Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum).
o Test driven development and behavior driven development.
· Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
· Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
· Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
· Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required.