Build more than machines. Build a career.
You might start your career in one of our prime product facilities, where we manufacture equipment like wheel loaders or excavators. Then you may move on to an engine plant, a remanufacturing facility, or even a role in logistics, HR or another area altogether. Working at Caterpillar gives you the opportunity to experience many different businesses within one company. We encourage you to explore various functions and develop skills in new areas.
Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel, gas and reman, ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and the key engine systems such as fuel, air, after treatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world. LPSD currently has a Technician III position located at our West Fargo, ND facility. As a Technician at Caterpillar Inc., you will operate a variety of tools and equipment to assemble and disassemble product.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Accurately utilizes data collection systems
* Effectively performs basic and advanced assembly and disassembly operations
* Can identify and accurately categorize wear patterns of parts
* Use blueprints, gauges, torque measuring devices and/or other equipment to ensure conformance to quality specifications.
* Assists in the development of new assembly and disassembly procedures
* Use precision measuring devices to effectively assemble and/or disassemble final product
* Ability to effectively interpret blueprints
* Able to effectively train other techs in various assembly and disassembly operations
* Assist lead person in their absence
* Able to manage cell boards and train other techs to document cell board information
* Perform preventive maintenance as required
* Assist in identifying issues and initiating corrective action processes as necessary
* Perform 5S Audits
* Perform Safety Stop Audits observations as required
* Participate in the CI/PID Process
* Any duties or tasks that may be assigned to promote cross training or support for various areas of the shop
* Follow the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) Standard Work Sheets
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum 3 to 5 years job related experience in a manufacturing environment
* Position is located in West Fargo, ND. No relocation is offered
* Positions available on 1st or 2nd shift
* Position is normally 40 hours per week with full benefits
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.