This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Dec 26, 2019
Develop deep expertise of knowledge on Caterpillar’s products, technologies, processes, services and systems.
Learn and follow Caterpillar Engine systems development processes and procedures.
Lead the engine performance development of new product introduction (NPI) program.
Lead a small group of junior engineers to deliver the project to meet customer requirements, global/regional regulation requirements with the project cost and schedule targets.
- Engage in the NPI project planning and lead the engine performance and validation planning to meet NPI schedule.
- Lead the customer performance requirement discussion to set proper performance development targets.
- Conduct performance simulation study with simulation tools to define proper development target.
- Define and develop the engine control strategy with support from US/UK experts.
- Developing and executing performance calibration process with assistant from business partners.
- Define engine system validation boundary diagram and develop design FMEA with the support from sub system team.
- Developing and executing validation plans for new engines, systems and components with assistant from business partners.
Diesel engine performance rating development for mechanical and electronic fuel systems.
Diesel engine after-treatment system development and calibration.
Developing and executing validation plans for localized engine components.
Learn and conduct of engine performance/validation test execution, data analysis, problem solving.
- Lead the activities of creating engine test plan, analyze test data, optimize engine performance and emission to meet engineering target, create engineering report
- PPRD/myNPI/CPI problem solving.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team
members, and other business units.
- Lead, contribute to the engine development of new products and processes optimization.
- Perform product and process maintenance for manufacturing, customer technical support etc.
Technical approval of engine components, systems and performance.
Coach and training junior engineers
Bachelor’s degree or above in an accredited Engineering, Internal Combustion Engines, Vehicle Engineering or equivalent
Excellent knowledge of internal combustion engine structure, performance, rating development and validation.
Excellent in problem analysis and solving skill
Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
Be diligent, proactive, self-motived and open-minded of leading team to get the job done on time with desired cost and quality
Creative, keep interest in taking challenge and pressure
Excellent in English communication with people/team from different background and culture (oral & written)
Excellent Interpersonal skills, Hands-on
Diesel engine after-treatment system development knowledge and skills
Engine performance/validation development experience
Engine electronic control knowledge
Emission regulations knowledge
Diesel engine after treatment development experience
8+ years diesel engine development experience