This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cary, NC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2019
As an Information Technology (IT) Analyst, you will have the
opportunity to work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex
projects that may span multiple infrastructure components or applications. You
will develop your professional network and leadership skills, assisting in the
creation and support of IT Solutions that enable Caterpillar success. Further,
you will contribute real value by developing, integrating, and/or supporting
in-house and purchased applications or infrastructure solutions in order to
solve business problems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* Working directly on application / technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions
* Participating in integrated
testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components
* Working with vendors on the integration of purchased application(s) and/or infrastructure
* Designing and implementing processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support.
* Play an integral role with the development of new and maintenance of existing SQL Server database solutions (complex queries, stored procedures, triggers, etc.).
* Build data warehouse reporting databases to better support queries that do not need real-time data.
* Database administration tasks including back up/ recovery, archiving, merge replication design and management, installing, configuring, and patching database servers.
* Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
* Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
* Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Collaborate with Development team on creating and evaluating stored procedures, tables, indexes, etc.
* Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
* Collaborates with Development team on creating and evaluating stored procedures, tables, indexes, etc.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
* Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related or engineering-related discipline
* A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences
* Knowledge of the latest technology in programming languages, computing hardware & software and current development processes and tools.
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Knowledge of Data Warehouse and ETL tools like SSIS
* Knowledge of Reporting tools like SSRS
* Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
* Ability to organize and plan work independently
* Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
Top candidates will also have:
* Have a developing knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures and a general knowledge of the Caterpillar organization.
* Basic knowledge of BCP, Caterpillar manufacturing processes and systems
* Local to the Cary, NC area
* Willing to travel to Clayton, NC and/or Sanford, NC, as & when needed.
* MS DBA certification is a plus