JOB PURPOSE: To perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving processing, storing, moving, packing and shipping of parts, materials, equipment and supplies at the Sanford, NC facility.
JOB DUTIES: For budget purposes and overall program direction, this position will report to the Shift Supervisor, and actual work assignments cover all aspects of the facility’s functions. Maintains cooperative team relationships and assists as needed in coordinating workflow. Focus is primarily within the team.
Performs the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies. Works from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, count parts, fill orders, package parts, etc. Uses machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, packaging, stenciling, etc. Performs related an/or specialized clerical duties and resolves discrepancies as required. Maintains related clerical records and operates computer terminal to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing. Uses mobile equipment (Reach Truck, Forklift Stand up/Sit down, Tugger etc.) to facilitate job functions as required. Reports defects and need for repairs.
Other tasks as assigned.
- Some manufacturing or warehouse operations experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
- Must be able to work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Must be able to walk, squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
Top candidates will also have:
- Forklift experience
- Forklift license
- Warehouse operations experience
- Experience with Glovia OM including storing, ordering, picking and delivering material.
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Office
Note: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is a 2nd shift hourly position in Sanford, NC. No relocation benefits are available. Entry pay is $14.76/hour plus 5% shift premium. Must be able to work overtime including weekends as needed.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.