As a Logistics Planning Analyst at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to develop, implement and maintain "supply chain" logistics plans for the timely acquisition/delivery of quality production material at the most economical price to achieve external or internal customer responsiveness expectations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Serving as an integral part of the material procurement/ shipment planning process.
* Primary responsibility is the development/maintenance of a formal, negotiated/documented and
implemented logistics plan which includes: Inbound/Outbound Flow Plans, documented/monitored performance measurements, negotiated Supplier (delivery)/Customer (shipping) process, quality levels, communications, material availability, lead time, lot size, packaging/labeling, transportation, and pick up/drop off points.
* Preparing a formal production material supply order requirements plan to assess internal and external capacity and resource needs, and forecasting inventory asset dollar investment commitment needs for business planning.
* Communicating "need-to-know" information to suppliers and other facilities for clear understanding of the execution plan for cost containment and development of partnership relations.
* Experience in or a general knowledge of Material Control, Inventory Control, Manufacturing operations and processes, Purchasing and a working knowledge of their various data processing systems.
* Must be able to effectively communicate and work with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the Company.
* 2 to 5 years previous job-related experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.