This job posting is no longer active.
Location: City Not Specified, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2019
The Cat Oil & Gas Division has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Fleet Advisor. As a Digital Fleet Advisor at Caterpillar Asset Intelligence, you will serve as a digital expert and trusted technical advisor to dealers and customers on agreed basis. This position proactively demonstrates the value of Cat Asset Intelligence by helping customers extract maximum value from their equipment and digital investments through practical application of analytics within their operations & maintenance departments.
Furthermore, the Fleet Advisor acts as the primary focal point of contact for Cat Asset Intelligence subscription customers, the Fleet Advisor will be responsible for creation of customer value propositions and identification and communication of realized value to the customer using Cat Asset Intelligence and selected customer-facing applications. The expected outcome is greatly enhanced equipment reliability and availability combined with optimized maintenance and technical support that results in the lower cost of ownership for the customer.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the development of case studies as inputs to understand the value driven by cost avoidance and operations optimization through the use of Asset Intelligence Products and Services across customers as assigned. The FA may be responsible to a single customer and their respective fleet or multiple customers depending on the size and complexity of their operation.
*Responsible to monitor fleet performance and lead failure prevention techniques to drive customer operation uptime and reliability improvements.
* Utilize an in-depth understanding of the marine industry and customer operations to identify Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) optimization opportunities by using the CAI platform and services to drive value for the customer.
* Support Account Managers in the operational rhythm of monthly, quarterly and yearly meetings with customers and their management by providing technical value and case study briefings.
* Represent Voice of Customer (VOC) within the Caterpillar dealer network and Asset Intelligence Teams by providing product and service feedback as well as additional opportunities for engagement by Cat dealers such as training, spare parts, run life optimization, etc.
Caterpillar Product and Services Focus:
* Identification of customer requirements/needs for engineering and analytics services and developing proposals for value-add projects.
* Monitor industry trends, including competitor analysis, and provide direction to the product team to ensure Caterpillar remains competitive in the Asset Intelligence space.
* Identification of voice of customer enhancement requests and inputting those into the Scaled Agile for Enterprise (SAFe) process.
* Perform regular reviews of customer sites using Asset Intelligence with the goal of improving right-sized maintenance, catastrophic failure avoidance, unplanned downtime and other value levers.
* Utilize data analysis, reports and analytics from Asset Intelligence Team Data Scientist’s and Fleet Analyst’s to scale and grow Fleet Advisor value across the monitored fleet.
* Interprets equipment data and models, perform investigative actions, clearly documenting the steps to acknowledge and disposition alerts in a timely manner, providing resolution and closure with the dealer/customer.
* References technical service literature within Caterpillar to understand latest iron updates that impact product health and customer experience (dealers do this too as part of their normal job).
* References engine tracking history in SIMs as appropriate. Uses operational history data to determine accurate equipment health
* Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marine Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mathmatics and Science
* 3+ years of experience in heavy industries such as Marine, Power Generation, Transportation or Oil & Gas industries.
* Experience utilizing digital software technologies to analyze and understand machinery health
Top Candidates will also have:
* Experience in enterprise scaled solutions that deliver real time and historic data efficiently
* 3+ years of Industrial Analytics experience across multiple industries
Scientific computing experience (e.g. R, Matlab, Python, machine learning, etc).
* Experience in complex fleet management IoT solutions
* Experience in managing business change, project management methods and tools
* Demonstrated strong communication skills articulating complex topics to non-technical audiences
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.