This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2019
Caterpillar’s Surface Mining and Technology division is currently seeking a 1st shift - Section Manager for its Decatur facility. In this role you will lead teams and supervise people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes;
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others; and
* Evaluates, assesses, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members;
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics