This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Denison, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2019
Caterpillar’s Material Handling and Underground division is currently seeking a 1st shift - Section Manager for its Denison, TX Facility. In this role you will lead teams and supervise people in assembly of Surface Rock Drills to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes;
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
* Determines priorities and sequences for assembly line;
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others; and
* Evaluates, assesses, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members;
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
* Bachelors degree
* In lieu of a degree, 5+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment
Top Candidates will also have:
* Good communication,
interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing and BIQ concepts
* Previous experience managing direct reports
* Previous experience in prime product assembly facility
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers