As a Traffic Coordinator in the Cat Logistics team, you will perform responsibilities of managing and arranging daily transportation for incoming shipment from suppliers and finished product delivery to customers. Also, you will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating forwarder performance periodically, providing steady logistics services at the lowest cost level to meet customers’ requirements.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure ability to deliver raw material and finished product timely with effective costs
* Successfully implement logistics strategy
* Work closely with the Manufacturing Logistics communications and information systems internal department, improve voice, fax and data transfer of orders, customs data and customs inquiries
* Stay abreast of latest logistics technology available from the Caterpillar, Inc. Technical Services Division
* Manage freight forwarding and shipping of import/export production and indirect material, parts, capital equipment, and supplier components to dealers, customers and suppliers
* Prepare freight quotations, administer marine inventory and property insurance
* Manage freight forwarding and shipping of import/export production and indirect material, parts, capital equipment, and supplier components to dealers, customers and suppliers *Analyze freight bills, packing lists, receiving reports, purchase order computer inquiries, supplier invocies, etc of material received and rejected by the tracking system or as requested by Accounts and Freights payable personnel.
*Maintain records for picked & failure shipments.
* Initiate annual transportation quality improvements
* Negotiate courier services.
* Significant shipping and logistics background and experience
* Business sense of understanding commercial values
* Knowledge of electronic logistics systems
* Computer software knowledge, team spirit, initiative, diligence and human relations values
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.