Salary: £17,000; Shares, Pensions, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Who are Caterpillar?
Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure for over 90 years as the leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines. But beyond this, the organisation has established itself as a technology leader in construction, transportation, mining, forestry, energy, logistics, electronics, financing and electric power generation. The organisation has a clear vision to be the global leader in providing customer value in the markets in which it operates.
Who are we?
We are recruiting for positions within the Large Electric Power Business at Caterpillar (NI) Limited, part of Caterpillar's Global Power Solutions Division (GPSD), located in Larne, Northern Ireland. We are responsible for providing business support services to the Large Electric Power team around the world.
These positions will provide you with first-hand experience of a role in Management Accounting with the opportunity to develop your accounting knowledge and business skills. The successful candidates will be exposed to a number of different Accounting systems and business software packages and will make contact with accounting personnel from across different UK and Worldwide facilities.
What experiences can we offer you?
We can provide you with an overview of a finance department including services such as Product Costing, Inventory Accounting, SoX Support, Forecasting, Management Reporting amongst others.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support Month End, including journal preparation, journal posting and attending Month End closing meetings
- Prepare and maintain up to date process documentation for key job tasks
- Perform all activities to a high standard and in compliance with Internal and Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Support forecasting, tracking, and reporting of Global Large Electric Power (LEP) period costs
- Provide month end management reports with appropriate analysis and insights
- Support the implementation of Process Improvement Opportunities
- Assisting with other ad hoc activities when required
Due to the nature of the services we provide, the role requires an individual who can demonstrate diligence and accuracy in the provision and analysis of financial information in a timely basis. They must be able to follow clear instructions and act on their own initiative when required. The role also requires an individual with good communication skills, both written and oral as they may be required to make contact with accounting personnel from locations across the world.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for you to be currently studying one of the following degree(s) at a 2:2 level or above:
- Business Related
- Finance Related
- Accountancy Related