As a Senior Credit Analyst for Cat Financial - Southern Cone Office, you will help build Customers for Life for Caterpillar by carrying out the activities necessary to provide credit to customers with acceptable limits of risk to the company. You will work with customers to negotiate simple financial transactions, prepare transactions for documentation and funding within limits of authority, and assist in administration of wholesale and retail customer "loan" covenant compliance reviews, including on-site record and physical machine/inventory audits.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Negotiating financial transactions and prepares transactions for documentation within limits of credit authority. Assisting in negotiating financial and in preparing transactions for documentation for transactions in excess of credit authority. Assisting in administration of wholesale and retail customer "loan" covenant compliance reviews, including on-site record and physical machine/inventory audits.
* Determining CFSC customer credit worthiness, approving/rejecting CFSC customer deals within approved credit authority, recommending deals beyond credit authority, and restructures customer deals. Conducting and monitoring credit investigations. Assisting in leading the documentation of retail accounts receivable; administers in-processing, signing, and funding of documented transactions; monitoring accounting input; and auditing booked deals for accuracy.
* A 4/5-year university degree or equivalent diploma and a minimum of 5 years experience in credit risk and/or credit underwriting. Experience in sales, collections and portfolio management may also qualify.
* Advanced written and oral English proficiency
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
* Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
* Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to calculate casualty values and amortization schedules.
* Thorough knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications and their markets.
* Thorough knowledge of credit concepts and techniques.
* Demonstrated knowledge of financing and leasing products.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply past due account collection techniques.
* Thorough knowledge of financing and leasing documentation principles.
* Demonstrated knowledge of billing, invoicing and dealer payment principles and concepts.
* Demonstrated knowledge of security filing requirements and their applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.
* Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, credit and customer services concepts and techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communication skills with dealers, customers, company personnel, and the financial community.
* Ability to operate office equipment including a telephone system, financial calculator, and desktop/laptop computers.
* Demonstrated ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
* Demonstrated ability to prepare marketing reports and marketing related statistical reports.
* Credit experience analyzing multinational customers and/or companies from different countries, especially: Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay.
* MBA or postgraduate degree.
* Leadership experience.