This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a
Sales Manager. In this position, you are provide consistent coverage and act as
a liaison with dealers and customers to influence sales and parts sales.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Act as a single point of contact for one or more of the following: warranty, prime product sales, parts sales, service support training, dealer development and the administration of dealer sales programs.
* Integrate diverse functions and independently manage day-to-day interactional activities within set parameters.
* Decisions are complex and usually must be made quickly and impact dealer, customer and direct sales facing within a Business Unit or District.
* Free to determine the best way to complete job assignments to achieve desired results, but has limited freedom to act within restricted transactional dollar amounts. Magnitude of responsibility is of low risk impacting a portion of the operational unit.
* Understand and be current on customer/dealer markets and administer appropriate dealer sales programs to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, Sales Variance, etc.
* Apply product and industry knowledge in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and be exposed to near-term strategic planning within a 0-18 month horizon.
* Interact with high-level professionals (internal and external) and exhibit effective relationship building and communication skills.
* Influence upper management within dealerships to: adapt or change policies, implement marketing/sales programs, hire personnel and organizational structure changes.
* Call on leaders in major associations to influence business climate.
* Have demonstrated skills in the following leadership principles: business, career development, coaching, communication, customer satisfaction, empowerment, and fostering an enjoyable work climate.
* Manage a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing
work of subordinates is required as well as training, developing and mentoring. Responsible for all
personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
* Challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems, which may not be obvious. Solve problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions.
* Travel extensively; at least one full week each month.
* Thorough knowledge of
company products, product applications or merchandising programs.
* An understanding of mechanized claims processing, service data systems and/or dealer operations.
* Ability to direct
multi-functional activities (whether in the same segment or different segments)
is preferred, and global exposure (majority of the job dealing internationally)
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.