This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2019
Caterpillar’s Surface Mining and Technology Division is currently seeking a Production Scheduler for it’s Decatur, IL facility. In this role you will help to develop and manage a production scheduling process that is innovative and promotes maximization of efficiency and optimization of resources/assets internally while retaining enough flexibility to ensure that all customer needs are met in a timely and cost-conscious manner. You will be responsible for key supply chain performance indicators across velocity and order-to-delivery.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Developing production plans/schedules to accommodate customer demand within practical production capabilities and balances the often conflicting objectives of employment stability, efficient manufacturing and appropriate inventory levels to achieve optimum costs.
* Developing schedules for each prime product configuration, attachments and related products. Monitors external issues which have an impact on scheduling functions.
* Develops availability and inventory strategies that satisfy product needs of the Annual Business Plan (ABP) shipment forecast. Assists facility supply chain leaders in developing inventory strategies to reconcile fluctuating demand and the need for factory stability while minimizing inventory investment.
* Monitors the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels. Collects, monitors and analyzes actual results against business variables of the ABP forecasts such as sales to users, orders, shipments and factory and dealer inventory. Develops a plan for critical review by Product Managers, materials, factory managers and marketing subsidiaries, explaining why this plan provides the best solutions given conflicting objectives.
* In addition, the incumbent leads and provides support for a project team working with Supply Chain Performance and Planning groups at facilities to ensure robust capacity and constraint management is used in the development of master production plans.
* Allocates product in short supply based on margin, forecasts, large project requirements, special customers, etc. Provides subject matter expertise to project teams addressing supply constraints, performing impact analysis and data. Reviews scheduling activities for commercial entity products not scheduled at facility to ensure schedules are consistent with product strategies. Develops phase in/phase out schedule plans for New Product Introduction.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics or Industrial Engineering
* In lieu of a degree, 5+ years experience in Supply Chain or Manufacturing is required
Top Candidates will also have:
*Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles.
* APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification highly desired
* Advanced knowledge of prime products and attachments
* Strong knowledge of economic conditions and markets
* Experience in product scheduling highly desired
* Knowledge of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and MRP systems is preferred
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Highly Detail Oriented
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization, presentation and communication skills
* Basic understanding of company policies and procedures
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers