Manager, Distribution Projects
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morton, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2019
BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas. The Product Supports & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Distribution Projects Manager based in our Morton, IL facility
As the Distribution Projects Manager you will work with Inventory Management functional experts including the IM Research team, System Architects, Logistics Consultants as well as the GASD Policy Team, and the Transformation team to drive inventory efficiency improvements.
- The incumbent is responsible to lead inventory efficiency initiatives impacting Aftermarket Parts inventory.
- Provides technical guidance and consulting services to Parts Distribution as well as other Caterpillar divisions. The position provides expertise to improve existing logistics services, systems and processes. Primary goal of the incumbent's work is to develop and maintain a robust global Sales and Operations Planning process for Aftermarket parts that ties together all distribution partners.
- Researches new concepts, systems and methods to minimize inventory levels while maintaining the desired level of service. Improves existing logistics services and products or develops new services, systems and/or processes which improve logistics performance. Provides information to PSLD management to permit improved control and planning of parts distribution operations.
- Projects may involve the development of a data system, new demand planning processes and collaboration methods along with enhanced communication platforms. Projects may also involve improving processes which predict erratic customer orders, assuring sufficient inventory levels at a minimum cost.
- Develops solutions which go beyond state-of-the-art to provide a specified level of inventory balanced with industry leading parts availability. Incumbent plays a significant role in the search for industry leading logistics practices involving the management of inventory assets, customer service and logistics performance
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years experience in distribution operations, inventory levels, computer capabilities, etc.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Advanced degree from an accredited university
- Previous project management experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.