The Senior Development Engineer is responsible for the creation, maintenance and publication of Caterpillar’s Baseline service data, specifically focused on planned component repairs. They will also be knowledgeable about the creation of Planned Maintenance service data. The baseline service data development involves the determination of the service options, the parts lists to support the service option, the labor hours needed to complete the repair, and the proper service interval when the repair should be performed. They will use various sources of data such as engineering prints, parts books, and maintenance manuals to create the necessary repair options for the equipment at a component level. The position is responsible for the quality and integrity of the provided information. Attention to detail and ownership of the developed information are necessary.
The Senior Development Engineer will be responsible for interpreting the Build Rules to apply them on specific repairs across the Caterpillar product line. They will also configure and execute the Automated Authoring process to create component repair data. Familiarity with our products, components, rebuild processes and Parts information will contribute to the success of this position.
The position requires teamwork and communication with dealers, DSDs, internal GSE partners, the GASD organization, and product groups to gather data inputs for the repair options information development. The group's output is key to supporting service options for service marketing to grow POLS and POPS. The data also feeds many internal and external processes and systems such as: Vision Link, Cat Inspect, PM Checklists, OLGA, VET, PSEL, Standard Jobs, Repair Options, CVAs, TM&R, Labor Guidelines (ERLGs, TRGs, MLGs).
You will also be responsible for dealer inquiries.
- International travel required
- Travel up to 25%
- Domestic relocation available for this position
• 4 Year Degree or 3 years of commensurate mechanical experience
• 3-5 years of experience with Product Support
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
• 3-5 years of experience using SIS and (EDS or HVC)
• Strong mechanical aptitude – knowledge of component rebuilds, engine rebuilds, what it takes to perform a full machine rebuild.
• Understands the Caterpillar machine and engine parts product structure
• 3-5 years of experience with reading and interpreting Caterpillar engineering prints
• 3-5 years of experience using Microsoft Excel and Access
• Experience with Dealer service data, SMCS codes, standard jobs, repair options
• Knowledge of Builder G3
• Knowledge of Caterpillar’s Reuse and Salvage Guidelines
• General knowledge of entire Caterpillar Product Line, Machines, Engines, and Power Systems
• High level of interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Detail oriented
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.