This job posting is no longer active.
Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2019
With the deployment of two major DR sites within Caterpillar in 2016, there is a renewed focus on disaster recovery, leading to an exciting and pivotal Disaster Recovery (DR) Team Leader position. The selected candidate will help guide the DR Team by aligning with the strategy of the Enterprise Data Center Architect. The candidate will join the global Disaster Recovery Planning and Operations organization. The global DR Planning and Operations team provides governance and guidance for all applications, infrastructure components, facilities, and resources in regards to disaster recovery. The candidate will work within the team, with peers and leaders at Caterpillar and the industry around the world to develop and deploy the right solutions to ensure recoverability. The need to provide end-to-end recovery solutions drives the need and challenge for a versatile skilled resource.
The DR Team Leader is a working position and is responsible for leading small to medium sized projects, managing the US DR team resources with appropriate workload, leading the US DR test, hosting the DR advisory board, coordinating global DR operations team activities and work streams, and responding to any compliance related tasks. The team leader will work closely with Application Support Teams, Global Technology Services, and the DR specialist(s) to ensure full compliance for IT Controls and other applicable work. The qualified candidate will provide day-to-day resource management, project reporting, and overall DR management working with peers in applications and infrastructure for DR plan reviews.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
• Resource management of the DR team
• Develop and maintain DR policies, standards, and procedures
• Maintain structures that govern DR and execution processes
• Always improve the processes of managing DR at Caterpillar
• Maintain the 3-year road map for disaster recovery initiatives
• Owner of the global disaster recovery playbook
• Provide administrative ownership of all DR team processes
• Consult with DR analysts, application and infrastructure teams to resolve complex DR process or people issues.
• Constantly seeking new and improved processes to ensure confident recoveries and efficient and effective methods.