As a Melt Operations Controller you will be responsible for charge make-up and delivery of iron. You will also set, adjust and operate controls of one or more induction or arc furnaces to melt metal for casting purposes.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Operates control station to monitor and control melting station
* Analyzes control signals
* Controls melting operations
* Detects deviations and initiates corrective action
* Must have an understanding of basic gray/ductile iron charge make-up to
produce iron that meets required specifications.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
* Ability to stand throughout a 12-hour shift
* Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
* Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
* Math skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Problem solving and decision-making
* Positions are on 1st or 3rd shift
* 1st shift hours are 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Thursday
* 3rd shift hours are 7:00 PM - 5:30 AM Sunday - Thursday
* Positions are in Hodges, South Carolina.
* Starting wage is $17.93 with an additional $.75 per hour shift differential for 3rd shift.
There is no relocation offered for these positions.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers