Location: Miami, FL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
As a Marketing Consultant focused on technology and Connectivity you will serve as a consultant and divisional expert in a specialized field or specialty area where decisions and recommendations are made for strategic advantage and contribute to the Division’s business and long-term leadership position.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop expertise in technology and connectivity area and as one of the best in the company. Expertise may be in a specific product or industry or in a process related to critical distribution related areas such as service, parts or business processes. Individuals demonstrate creativity, foresight, business judgement and outstanding machine application or marketing/distribution knowledge along with the sensitivity to customer financial impact. You will gain knowledge, recognition and expertise to influence market requirements, trends and agency regulations.
* Develop application of on-board technology and connectivity experience, life cycle cost knowledge of dealers’ and customers’ application, industry and marketplace need. You will be providing support in areas covering new product introductions, market and distribution needs to stimulate breakthrough solutions that would help in market leadership. You will support senior management in planning major programs and objectives for the Division. You should begin to gain experience in providing direction for future product; distribution and industry needs and continue to improve your skills at sharing this expertise at higher industry levels with business unit management.
* Manage Connectivity and On board Technology GTM initiatives for Americas South
* Manage the compliance of your own assignments and keep up-to-date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
* Communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. At this level, leadership skills and the ability to sell ideas are beginning to develop, either as an individual performer or as the principal contributor to or leader of a generally small group/task force of technical or marketing people. You will also be developing expertise within government agencies, national associations, dealers and customer groups.
* Share knowledge and experience as a contributor to Caterpillar’s Knowledge Management initiative. This involvement will be on a regional basis supporting product groups, corporate processes and/or dealer knowledge sharing processes. You will likely be a member of a component, product, process or industry "Community of Practice". In this role you will have the accountability for documenting key elements of this position and sharing it within the realm of Caterpillar’s Knowledge Management system.
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* 9 to 12 years’ experience of specific industry experience in order to gain recognition as a Divisional and company expert.
* Deep knowledge in On Board Technology and Connectivity
* Broad business background, specific long-term industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
* Ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods.
* Good human relations skills to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit
* Previous marketing and/or field experience and/or previous supervisory experience.
* Generally, requires extensive travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions.
Top candidates will also have:
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.