We encourage our people to stretch their capabilities and use their expertise to help us deliver on our strategy and contribute to our long-term goals. We drive clarity in our decision making, allowing you to focus on the most important opportunities that help ensure we remain a winning team.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Global Parts Operations Manager located in the Morton, IL facility. As the Global Parts Operations Manager, you will support PSLD Parts Distribution to become leaders in Parts Operations through identifying improvement opportunities and using expertise in best practices and differentiated parts delivery. The Global Parts Operations Manager must develop and lead a high performing team with knowledge of end to end supply chain and external benchmarks across distribution, inventory management, warehouse management, network design, transportation and supporting parts policies. Internal business partners include the Distribution Services Division, GASD, Inventory Management, I.T. and Parts Operations. External contacts include Caterpillar dealers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Create strategic framework linking PSLD distribution strategy to the needs of the business and dealers aligned with company’s growth goals. Maintain and foster strategic alignment between GASD, Distribution Services Division and PSLD.
Develop and deploy global processes and concurrent systems initiatives alongside Parts Distribution, Dealers and Distribution Services Division. More specifically, Dealer conversion support for PSLD systems implementations ensuring dealer interfaces are functioning properly, UAT is performed, post go-live support and communications.
Logistics Engineering warehouse design support for Parts Inventory Collaboration and ad hoc dealer requests including planning, concepting, consultation recommendations.
Setup, test, train, and roll-out of SMART Sourcing to dealers.
Manage department resources, providing focus, motivation and encouragement to the team. Responsible for coaching, developing and mentoring resources. Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability building and succession planning.
Lead strategic initiatives including the global review of company parts policies, in collaboration with GASD and Distribution Services Division. Report, manage, interpret, execute, parts policies on an on-going basis, globally.
Manage and maintain dealer supplied data collection of Fast Iron and updating of BIC.
Develop playbooks and lead network refacing studies alongside dealers, inventory management, transportation, operations, and the distribution services division.
The position often confronts complex issues or problems which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique, and solutions can require original approaches. The incumbent may modify existing approaches or develop new solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Extensive knowledge of dealer parts operations, part policy and procedures, inventory management.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible job-related experience in the parts supply chain, parts operations, transportation, inventory management, or involving regular dealer interactions.
- Broad industry knowledge as well as an excellent understanding of Parts Supply.
- Strong organizational and program management skills Strong leadership skills that can build and maintain a high performing team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Top candidates will also have:
- Advanced degree from an accredited university.
- Experienced skill set in the principals of change management, strong interpersonal and commercial skills, ability to work across multiple layers within the organization and with multiple business partners.
- Ability to work and set priorities for self and for the work team without day-to-day supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Supervisory experience.
25% Travel required. More travel for example when leading a systems implementation outside of the USA.
Location: Morton, IL
Relocation benefits are available
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.