Advanced Planning Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
£680 Car Allowance
Competitive bonus between 31%
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage Discount Website
Relocation support will be considered
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment - creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Department and Job Overview
A position is available to lead our Manufacturing Advanced Planning team at the Peterborough Engine facility.
The key focus of the Manufacturing Advanced Planning team is to provide globally standardised manufacturing / production processes and equipment, designed to enable the introduction of new products and provide best asset utilisation leveraging the capability of our world class production facilities. The team has expertise in manufacturing technology, assembly process design, quality processes, tool selection and introduction, and will involve the application of sound technical manufacturing/production engineering skills in both project and process-based environments.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership experience and have gained knowledge through exposure to a range of functions within a Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering or Process environment. This position plays a key role in the continued success of the company, providing analytical and process expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing processes and systems across the Industrial Power System Division's (IPSD) global facilities.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide leadership of Manufacturing Advanced Planning ensuring delivery of manufacturing process requirements across IPSDM
• Lead the team to introduce and implement new / existing products (NPI / NSI) into full production by utilisation of production process best practices including cost effective, robust quality solutions
• Proactively work with our direct Production Operations customers and Product teams to produce global manufacturing engineering standards for our operations team to execute
• Actively participate in the company’s O2D / global planning strategy and execution
• Manage Technical Resources capital and direct the team in planning and coordinating the procurement, installation and capability of new manufacturing / production equipment, ensuring appropriate technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
• Project manage multi-faceted projects ensuring delivery within time and budgetary targets
• Apply / create controls to ensure process excellence across all global IPSD Manufacturing Engineering groups
• Engage with Corporate departments and IPSDL to align strategic touch points
• Work with external suppliers to develop relationships and best practices
• Ensure the team support the development and implementation of Manufacturing planning and executions systems (Manufacturing BoM, MES and associated systems)
The successful candidate will have the drive, capability and expertise to successfully lead a team of manufacturing engineers to execute projects across IPSD global facilities.
This role demands a self-motivated, proactive individual who is prepared to go the extra mile to achieve the desired results. The success of this role will lie in the ability to build and strengthen existing relationships, utilising technical expertise to influence the required change.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Proven leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to deliver key business objectives
• Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a relevant Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
• Experience of leading the introduction of new products into production and/or managing significant change with proven and innovative techniques within the manufacturing environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships on a global basis
• Some travel will be required (10 – 20% of working time depending on active projects)
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
We are unable to provide work sponsorship or VISAs.