This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for Senior Data Scientists located in Bangalore (India). This position is part of our Parts Inventory Collaboration project where we are working closely with our dealers on managing inventory and service levels and assisting with related supply chain projects. This position’s focus will be on optimizing the inventory management system dials and processes using system simulation tools.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Detailed analysis of dealers’ data and processes along with creating recommendations to increase inventory efficiency and drive higher customer satisfaction through increased order fulfillment rates
* Manage multiple concurrent dealer simulations while working closely with dealer PIC Consultant to understand dealer limitations and expectations
* Communication of simulation and analysis results with dealership inventory control team and effectively utilizing dealer feedback to adjust recommendations if necessary
* Lead and/or Support research projects relating to supply chain optimization, On Time In Full order fulfillment, Lost Sales, OLGA, NPI, Connected Assets etc.
* Strong analytical abilities as well as logistics concepts typically acquired by attaining a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science
* At least 3 years of Aftermarket parts experience in functional areas related to supply chain management or logistics
* Knowledge of Forecasting and Inventory Planning concepts
* Some Programming Experience (SAS, Python, Tableau, Power BI, VBA etc)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Strong analytical, technical, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
* Some level of experience working directly with Cat Dealers
* Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
*Legally able to work in country where position is based.