When you are an Accounting Manager at Caterpillar, you will supervise and lead day-to-day work efforts of a team of accounting personnel responsible for a specific segment of accounting activity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Includes working with financial systems, interpreting and adhering to CAT accounting practices and procedures, and supervising a workgroup of several individuals who generally perform routine and repetitive basic accounting functions.
• Manages a small team and their related workload involved, prioritizes projects, assigns and reviews work, and controls the daily operating environment.
• Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction, complies with personnel practices, and promotes team rewards and successes. Provides technical guidance and expertise to current staff.
• Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers.
• Understands and manages customer requirements and expectations.
• Serves as liaison between customer, team and data providers.
• Identifies and communicates goals and objectives of team.
• Provides services, makes recommendations and manages costs.
Performing Individual Staff Work
• Leads initiatives outside team to represent the group (e.g. documenting processes, making presentations).
• Demonstrates a general knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
* Hold a 4-year degree, preferably in accounting.
* Demonstrated initiative, leadership, good judgment and superior communication skills.
* Analytical, problem solving and human relations skills.
* 3 - 5 years of accounting or HR function experience.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.