This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2019
As an Information Systems (I/S) Specialist at Caterpillar, you will apply expertise in computer application development and technical knowledge for the purpose of solving customer business problems and assisting customers in achieving business strategies. You will have deep understanding of multiple IT solutions and how they integrate with each other along with awareness of industry best practices.
* Develop concepts and alternative solutions for one or more major system within an I/S division or business unit based on operational issues, customer needs, customer impact and/or industry trends.
* Develop "Business Case Analysis" to justify customer investments in project development and/or system support efforts - includes marketing the system solution and its benefits to prospective customers
* Work with customer/operations management to develop plans to minimize the impact of system or procedure changes.
*Recognizes potential strategic application of information technology capabilities. Initiates and manages investigation and development of innovative methods, practices and technology, to the benefit of organization. Plays an active and dynamic role in improving the interface between all interested parties, facilitating knowledge flow to enable sharing and development of creative ideas.
* Provide assistance to one or more I/S application development groups to define concepts and high-level project plans; plans are documented, monitored and progress is reported to management.
* Maintain close liaison with customers to assure business needs and perception of value are met
* Introduce new technologies and develops departmental standard practices for the execution of business processes across functional organizations
* Provide project leadership, expert advice, and counsel to Information Technology personnel, management, and project teams on the most complex aspects of applications programming and development methods as well as for purchased system solutions that will be integrated with other systems (internally developed and/or purchased)
* Serve as a team member on one or more high impact critical and transformation projects.
*10 plus years of experience in SAP. In-depth understanding of two or more SAP modules.
*Understanding of Mobile, Cloud solutions and Data Analytics.
* Strong analytical skills
*Ability to develop cost proposals for IT applications.
* Ability to listen to others is important to the job
* Good communication skills (written and oral)
* A good understanding of the Caterpillar organization and its business processes
* Knowledge of multiple application systems, computer hardware and interfacing of software applications as well as the various programming languages used at Caterpillar
* Excellent at sorting out complex issues; consistently provides on-the-spot analysis of complex situations and makes top quality decisions. Ability to provide solutions to the toughest problems.