JOB PURPOSE: To manage the dispositions of the serviceable parts. Analyze engineering release and change notices, review disposition selection, and execute the dispositions to ensure optimized enterprise decision in evaluating end of life inventory position. Process, evaluate, suggest recommendations, and monitor all engineering notices for service parts. Position requires active involvement with EVC and other project initiatives to support NPI, CPI, inventory management, SPM development, Product Life Cycle Management, and Low Volume Parts teams.
The Parts Product Analyst - Dispositions (PPA) will manage and analyze all engineering drawing notices (EDNs) for NPI, CPI, and major product updates (EDNs are notifications of the original release of engineering drawings and subsequent changes to them). This includes analyzing engineering drawing notices for quality, completeness, and when necessary resolving issues with engineering. The PPA will also utilize systems, their own product knowledge, and EDN information to determine application/product specific serviceability of parts at the end of life, i.e. should the part be serviced and at what level – piece part, assembly, group, etc. The PPA will utilize the blue sheet after issued by the Authorizations team to process the Replacement Notice (RN) to ensure the chain of replacements is correct, ensure proper submissions to Numerical Parts Record (NPR), and monitor RN indicators for accuracy. This position is the last line of defense for our customers to ensure parts are serviced, replaced, set up correctly.
The PPA will establish and monitor the burn-down of inventory for RN1 parts inventory levels. Incumbent will establish and maintain a business balance between months of supply, new part availability and rework costs. The PPA partners with Purchasing, Engineering, Quality and Operations to ensure availability for end of life parts. He/she will also partner with business units concerning product health issues.
The incumbent will communicate with internal and external business partners, written and verbally, to resolve complex issues that will impact quality of service and customer satisfaction. The PPA participates in the development of new IT tools to specifically manage overall processes and continues to refine, enhance, and create process improvement to support the Dispositions/Low Volume Parts business.
Internal and external customers include contacts throughout Caterpillar worldwide operations, life cycle managers, engineering, and marketing profit centers. Incumbent impacts product quality, availability, cost, velocity and distribution.
The position requires experience with parts product structure, engineering, quality, inventory management, purchasing, expediting and distribution practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Maths / Science / Commerce
- 3-5 years of job-related experience in purchasing, quality, inventory management, operations, or customer services is typically required.
- Personal computer skills and familiarity with various systems and tolls like LOGNET, DCC, SPM, Engineering Data System (EDS), Mach1 and Print Reading are required.
- Good interpersonal skills, and oral and written communications are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with all global process partners.
- Strong customer focus and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people, in a fast paced, time constrained environment
- Must be willing to work in US shift timing to have enough overlap with Morton team
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification
- Experience in purchasing, quality, inventory management and NPI
- Sound knowledge on engineering drawings, reading blue prints and product life cycle