Assembly & Test Specialist III (East Peoria Building BB - 2nd & 3rd Shift)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2019
Division: Material Handling Underground
Shift: 2nd or 3rd
We are currently seeking Assembly and Test Specialists. You will perform a series of routing functions to assemble machine components.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
- Performing production based on schedule and continuously improving process efficiency
- Ensuring adherence to Standard Work Sheet to achieve quality products and avoid quality issues
- Participating in pre-shift Process Improvement Dialogue (PID) & Continuous Improvement (CI), raising, submitting issues and suggestions and following up requirements from supervisor
- Providing timely reports to operation supervisor or team lead on material availability and equipment downtime
- Identifying specification gaps and root causes and making adjustments to meet engineering test specifications
Physical Qualifications (With or Without Accommodation)
- Operate equipment including forklift, Hand Jack/pallet truck
- Noise levels of 85db or greater
- Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
- Lift up to 35lbs frequently
- Work at multiple heights
- Climb on equipment, machines, ladders and various step stools
- Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
- Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
- Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
- Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
- Work in tight spaces
- Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
- Use of fine motor skills
- Use of hand tools
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, cut/heat resistant sleeves, etc.
- Computer skills to access Cat Intranet
- Ability to read prints and use gauges for Quality Inspection
- 1 year experience in a machine assembly
- 6 months experience manufacturing/warehouse environment or a demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Previous Assembly Experience in manufacturing environment
- 2 year technical degree from an accredited institution.
- 2nd and 3rd Shift positons available
- This is a Supplemental position- minimum 40 hours per week with limited benefits available
- Must be able to work any shift / schedule as shifts / working hours will change with business needs.
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
- Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.