This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019
• A four-year degree from an accredited college or university
• 5+ years experience in the application and usage of general or domain
metadata schemas for organizing and managing information.
• 5+ years experience with tools and techniques for data normalization, data
analysis and mapping, and transformation.
Top Candidates will also have:
• Experience in Metadata Management role within a large corporation
preferably high tech or technology manufacturing
• Strong understanding of data governance, metadata management, data
quality, data modeling, and data architecture concepts
• Understanding of information management concepts such as controlled
vocabularies, authority control, data modeling, and schema design.
• Good organizational skills and an aptitude for complex analytical and detailed
work; ability to prioritize among multiple concurrent projects in order to meet
deadlines in a timely manner.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present and share
• Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally
• Experience with data profiling tools such as Alteryx
• Experience with metadata managers like Erwin’s Mapping Manager
• Experience with data cataloging tools such as Collibra
• Experience working with various vendors, building partnerships, establishing
communication plans, user forums, trainings, and roadmap sessions
• Strong knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycle across traditional data
warehouses, relational databases, operational data stores, business
intelligence reporting, and big data analytics.
• Knowledge of data technology products and components for Big Data and
Cloud (AWS, Data Lakes, and similar).
• BS in Information Systems, Library Science, Computer Science or similar technical degree
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.